Apply for a Film Permit
All productions and student films shooting in Orleans Parish are required to apply for a film permit. Upon receipt of the application the Film Office will review the application and consult with the production to evaluate the type of film permit to be issued. A film permit is NOT required while exercising First Amendment rights including filming of rallies, protests, demonstrations and news reporting.
- Location film permits are issued for commercial productions filming in the city
- B-roll Film Permits are issued for student films, drone filming and city-wide b-roll
The Film New Orleans Policies and Procedures includes detailed permitting information and policies for filming in New Orleans.
Apply for a Location Permit
- The request must be submitted to the Film Office a minimum of 4 days prior to prep/shooting at the location
- The request must be submitted a minimum of 5 days prior to prep/shooting if it includes car chases, pyrotechnics, explosives, or extensive exterior filming
- Below are the documents which must be submitted:
Apply for a B-roll Film Permit
A B-roll film permit is issued free of cost for any production with no permitted parking, student films, drone filming and city-wide b-roll. To obtain a temporary permit complete a Film Application here and the Film Office will contact you to discuss your project.
In addition to your application, please submit a Certificate of Insurance and a signed copy of the Film New Orleans Policies and Procedures. Email both to email@example.com.
Productions are required to use only FAA certified drone operators and to ensure that the drone operators comply with FAA regulations. The Film Office requests that a drone no more than 3 feet in diameter be used in the French Quarter. You must submit a copy of the operator’s FAA license and drone's FAA registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.