Apply for a Film Permit
All productions and student films shooting in Orleans Parish are required to apply for a film permit. Upon receipt of the application the Film Office will review the application and consult with the production to evaluate the type of film permit to be issued.
- Location film permits are issued for commercial productions filming in the city
- B-roll Film Permits are issued for student films, drone filming and city-wide b-roll
- A film permit is NOT required while exercising First Amendment rights including filming of rallies, protests, demonstrations and news reporting
- All film permits are issued at no cost
The Film New Orleans Policies and Procedures here includes detailed permitting information and policies for filming in New Orleans.
Apply for a B-roll Film Permit
A B-roll film permit is issued for any production with no permitted parking, student films, drone filming and city-wide b-roll. To obtain a temporary permit complete a Film Application here and the Film Office will contact you to discuss your project.
Productions are required to use only FAA certified drone operators and to ensure that the drone operators comply with FAA regulations. The Film Office requests that a drone no more than 3 feet in diameter be used in the French Quarter. You must submit a copy of the operator’s license to email@example.com.
Apply for a Location Permit
Below are the documents which must be submitted for review and approval by the Film Office:
- The request must be submitted to the Film Office a minimum of 4 days prior to prep/shooting at the location
- The request must be submitted a minimum of 5 days prior to prep/shooting if it includes car chases, pyrotechnics, explosives, or extensive exterior filming
- Below are the documents which must be submitted: